Sunday 26 August 2012

The Palace

Alan did all the planning and organising for our trip to the UK. My one and only request re accomodation was I wanted to know I was staying in the UK; I didn’t want to be in some faceless hotel where I could be anywhere in the  world.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Palace Hotel in Manchester was 5 mins walk from the University where the conference was being held.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Hotel did have lifts but I preferred to take the stairs to enjoy the wonderful windows and architectural treatments.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Every floor landing had different windows.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The pillars all had different patterns as well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My favourite piece of ‘English” though was the Fawlty Towers stairs. I’m glad our room wasn’t up that short flight, wouldn’t fancy lugging suitcases up it but it was wonderful to see just the same.

No comments: