Saturday 2 April 2011

Snakes Alive

I’m not a big fan of wildlife. I prefer to see it at zoos rather than on my front doorstep. One afternoon this week there was quite a kerfuffle here at Old Petrie Town.DSCF7231

A snake was making its way across the grass quite near to the shop. More often than not they are quite harmless but this one was apparently a dangerous one. I say apparently because I wasn’t getting to close. This image was taken on super zoom.DSCF7232 After a little while they managed to catch it.DSCF7234This is just showing off, draping it around your neck. The snake looked quite p&%$#d off to me. They took it down the back before releasing it back into bush. Once the weather cools down they will all go into hibernation and I can forget about them for a couple of months. No doubt they will be back though.

3 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

And I freaked out over a cane toad in the kitchen!

Suzie said...

Oh, Trish...we'll have to find you a snake identification kit...that was just a beautiful, harmless little carpet python...

Trish Goodfield said...

Alan has a couple that sleep up in his shed & even when asleep there is no such thing as harmless.