Wednesday 16 March 2011

One Man’s Rubbish…

We Crafters have an aversion to throwing anything out. The teeniest, tiniest scrap is kept ‘just in case’. We creatively sort and store fabric, threads, trims, tools so we can quickly find ‘that perfect piece I know I have somewhere’.

Earlier this week I decided that my hoarding compulsion had reached its limits.It was time to cull.

This image was taken halfway through the cleanup. As I filled a bag that wasn’t allocated for the shop or another BrisStyler it went straight into the bin.DSCF7140 To give you some perspective the space under the bench to the top right of the photo was absolutely full of fabric bits and pieces. Now I wasn’t being rash here. It’s not like I’m going to run out of something. When you have a fabric/craft shop there is always plenty more on hand.DSCF7143 These bags are what made it into the shop to be dispersed. I’m not quite ready to sort this lot out but thought it best to move it out of the house before I changed my mind.DSCF7141

Most other Crafters would throw these scraps out but these were saved to be made into beads.DSCF7142 I have 2 x green bags full of these scraps waiting to be rolled, trimmed and embellished. After the cleanup I was able to vacuum under that bench without moving anything out of the way. Quite an achievement I must say.

2 comments:

Kellie Christie said...

It seems it is the week for the craft room clean up. I got in to mine on Monday and haven't quite finished but hoping to get my table cleared of and in a use-able state tomorrow :)

Uniquely Yours Creations said...

For a minute there I thought that you sneaked into my room and took a photo! (-: