Tuesday 9 March 2010

Embellished Bag in the Making

One of my neighbours is quite crafty. She particularly loves to knit. Like me she always has her ey out for a bargain, especially at a garage sale. At a recent sale she scored  a bag of fabric. In amongst it was this piece. She couldn't think what she would us it for so she gave it to me.

It is a faux denim fabric. The print actually looks a little undefined, a bit like a crayon rubbing. When I first looked at it I only saw the pockets and belt keepers. A closer look revealed this lovely floral scroll outline.


I grabbed some of my variegated cotton. Yes, it is pink. I spent a couple of lazy moments backstitching some of the motifs. I'm going to make it into a bag. Hopefully this week. I'll post a picture when it's done.

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

Really like the way you've picked out that pattern with your sewing. You're so good making bags. And your neighbour sounds like a perfect one to have!

Trish Goodfield said...

Thanks Chrissy. I like doing bags. They are a great size to try a new technique, not too big a committment.