Saturday 16 February 2008

More Flowers

Here are some photos of flowers I made using the method described the other day. They are so quick and simple. These were all made using odd sized scraps of fabric.

These flowers were made using the flower loom I bought after seeing an article in STITCH magazine. of course you can't buy this style of loom anywhere here so I jumped online. I rather liked that the article used allsorts of fabric and ribbon, not just threads.

The large flower at the back is made following the directions from the magazine except I used hand dyed silk ribbon. The front 2 I 've used Kumihimo braids for the middle layer. The inner flower on the brown and black flower is made from some fabric leftover from the lining of my mother's wedding dress. Must be close to 50 years old.

No comments: