Wednesday 12 December 2007

New Space

As soon as I stepped off the plane from Japan it was straight back to work. I went home, had a shower and then we went out to the shop.

Before I went, we decided that we would rent a new shed for Alan's workshop and I would use the workspace behind the shop. As we have been increasingly busy with the thread, fabric and kits etc, it made sense that I be onsite.
So while I was away, Alan was moving all of his stuff out, cleaning, buying and installing the washing machine. The area went from this.
To this.

This....

To this...

It actually took me 2 weeks to move all my stuff from the house, unpack and work out where to put it. Now that its done I can start producing again. I'm really enjoying having everything in one area, at my fingertips when I need it. Once we get past the Christmas rush I'll be able to start work on all of those new projects that are on the list.

2 comments:

Judy Scott said...

what an exciting time for you ~ your studio looks amazing, just off to read about Japan :) Judy x

大魔王 said...

Trish,

I love the new workspace, we're aiming for something similar in one of our basement rooms.

Would it be possible to have a better view of the swift in the 4th picture? I'm building something similar with adjustable arms to prepare warps in the various sageo lengths. Also, if you don't mind me asking, where do you get such big silk cones? The biggest I was able to buy was 5000m silk and it looks way smaller than the one on your pic.

Michael