Thursday 12 July 2007

Queensland Quilters Inc

This last Tuesday we spent with the Queensland Quilters Inc. They had invited us to be their monthly vendor. Thanks so much to all the ladies for making us feel very welcome. Alan had never been to one of these days before. I usually rope in my friend Roz or sister Sheelagh to give a hand. Alan really enjoyed it and particularly found the guest speaker’s talk on judging quilts informative.



The hand dyed fabric and threads were very popular as was the Kumihimo Braid Kits and the Mini Marudai Kits. We sold out of these in the morning session and Alan needed to assemble some of the flat packs into the kits for the night session.


One of the ladies had even seen my photo in her Handmade Magazine which had just arrived that day. I was bit confused when she asked me if it was my photo as I had forgotten that I had sent the article in. She was quite pleased to meet someone famous- her words. I was just thrilled that someone had seen the article.

The experimental rainbow suite was well received. That's the last 2 packs you can see sitting on the edge of the table. A couple of the ladies commented that they had tried the rainbow with not much success either. I will perservere.

A couple of the night ladies had brought to Show & Tell the fabric which they had recently dyed. They had attended Sharyn Hall's workshop at Bris Vegas. Absolutely stunning and a wonderful addition to any fabric stash. If you ever get an opportunity to attend one of Sharyn's workshop take it.

No comments: