Saturday 1 September 2012

We’re at the Seaside

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is the Victorian seaside town of Llandudno. The sun is shining so all the holiday makers are out on the Prom, some brave souls even went swimming.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This place has the biggest seagulls I have ever seen, they are the size of a small dog… no kidding.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Llandudno Pier. We walked out to the end and had a cup of tea, as you do. I can say that this is the only time I have been cold since being here. Good cuppa though.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

All along the coast are these wind farms. I didn’t think they detracted from the view. They actually reminded me a little of the really expensive piece of public art on the waterfront at Redcliffe. I do hope they don’t put too many more in cause then I think it might get ugly.

Beach 5

Donkeys on the beach. Alan used to do this when he was a kid. This reminded me of the primary school readers we used. They were all very English and told stories of going to the seaside.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Talking of those readers I can remember a story in one about how the whole village thought a house had caught on fire but instead the geraniums had flowered. I never actually understood that as our geraniums were only orange. I took this image in Manchester when I finally got that story…. almost 45 years later. Never say never.

No comments: