Sunday 2 September 2012

Rally GB

Last year Alan & I were watching the Rally GB and Alan was surprised to see they were driving around the Great Orme’s Marine Drive. he promised to take me for a spin.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It is a toll road which I loved, it reminded me of stopping to pay the toll to cross the Hornibrook Bridge.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No, Alan wasn’t channelling a Rally Driver, I snapped before I had the camera steady.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It is a one way road so you can take some brilliant shots of the view.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We stopped briefly to take this shot. i got out of the car and the wind was so brisk I was having trouble holding the camera steady. This is the Conwy Estuary looking toward Conwy Castle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Alan told me his quickest lap time around Marine Drive was 3mins. We took a little longer, much to his disgust. From up here I was able to get my bearings of all the little villages and towns that line this section of coast and the views were amazing. If you are ever in this neck of the woods pay your money and do the drive, you won’t be disappointed. Let me know if you crack 3mins. I won’t tell Alan.

No comments: