Saturday 25 August 2012

Braids 2012–More From Maccelsfield

While visiting the old mills in Maccelsfield on Wednesday I spied some old wooden printing blocks they used to use to create some of the patterns.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

They had cupboards of them. Hundreds stacked up on top of the others. This was one they had out so you see and feel the detail.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

They also had on display a couple of  the printed samples. Next stop was supposed to be upstairs to a re-creation of a Victorian school complete with the strict headmistress. Now I didn’t like school in the 70’s so sure as eggs  I wasn’t sticking around to experience that.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I can pretty much find inspiration anywhere and this little pub didn’t let me down.I was captivated by the way the stained glass had cracked. This reminds me of a herb flower but for the life of me I can’t remember its name right now.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Also loved the pattern on the lampshades. The circle were punched holes, the straight lines were simple stitching.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Paving in the beer garden.

No comments: