Saturday 6 December 2008

Kumihimo in the Park

'Kumihimo in the Park' has a nice ring to it. I went off to Gumdale this morning for the Brisbane City Council's Active and Healthy Parks Program. It was stinking hot but that was the same no matter where in Brissie you were. Basically the program is designed to encourage Residents to use the parks more.



I sat in the picnic shelter, put out my shingle and waited for participants. Sometimes you get heaps, other times not so many. Today I had a group of neighbourhood boys. They had been playing basketball before coming over and having a look. Not quite in High School they sat for over an hour braiding. They weren't the slightest bit interested in making the Kumihimo Xmas Decorations but they all left proudly wearing their very own bracelets.
Not bad for a Saturday in the park.

1 comment:

Bec said...

I love this story Trish. It has put a big smile on my fact. Go boys!!!