Monday 1 December 2008

The Best Sort of Surprise

I recently signed up for my first ever online swap. The deadline was Dec 1st. I received my Christmas Present from my swap partner Diana about 2 weeks ago. Not sure about the rules, I sent her an email to let her know it had arrived safely but didn't open it. I thought I had to wait until Dec 1st.



It was worth the wait. I love it and its so me. I didn't give Diana any clues on colours etc. In fact I told her make what ever her heart desired. It was one of the reasons I joined the swap. I wanted to see what sort of creative crafts other people did.
Unbeknown to Diana my house is decorated in that exact colour of Blue. I've never quilted and have been a bit daunted at the prospect of trying it. A small quilted wallhanging though might just be the trick.
Diana also sent me these Autumn Leaves which have been preserved by ironing them between sheets of wax paper. Diana says that school children in Ohio have been doing it this way for generations. I'm going to take them into the shop where we have a better scanner and Photoshop and see if I can capture the intensity and richness of the reds. They are magnificent.
Thank you so much Diana, This won't be my last online swap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lucky that customs didn't take those leaves. The colours are beautiful