Friday 31 October 2008

Diligent Dyer

Despite still feeling like I'm on holiday I have got on with dyeing. Remember the threads I prepared earlier in the week? I dyed 21 different colours in one morning.








They are soaking in these ex- icecream containers.









Here I'm trying to rinse them under cold water. I'm trying to manouever the box under the washing machine pipe attached to the other tap. Next time I just think I will wait until its finished filling. It will probably be quicker.


Once the water is running clear I lay the threads on an old white nappy to check for colour fastness. Once I'm happy I hang them to dry.





I then moved onto dyeing some T-Shirts. Alan had asked me to dye him a couple. Gosh is he fussy, and he wonders why I won't custom dye for people.





These have been dyed and are waiting for the soda ash.






These are soaking in Soda ash.



This bucket is full of Eco - Dyed Shirts.

And this is the washing up that's waiting for me.


No comments: