I then squashed up some cling wrap and dabbed it in purple paint. At this point I thought I had stuffed it up. I decided It couldn't look any worse so I then used the stencil to print some red swirls over the top. The gold sparkled through, it looked amazing.
I'm being honest when I say that I expected the actual covering of the book to be a problem. Other than the odd school book its not something I've done much of. And I've never done it with fabric.
This is the front cover.
This is the inside. Each recipe has a photo collage, on the back the recipe is typed out. I kept the recipes as written originally by Peg. If they were in pounds and fluid ounces that is how they stayed. I did print out an conversion chart. The threads are my Hand Dyed Threads.
Elise was wrapped in the book. She got quite teary and so did a number of her friends. My work here is done!