Wednesday 13 February 2008

Fabric Flowers

My Last Crafters' Way column covered a How To on Fabric Flowers. The original inspiration for these came from Mollychicken


I followed her directions, they were really easy to follow.I didn't like the way the petals separated from the backing fabric. I didn't bother adding the beads to the centre.

I still liked the basic structure of the flower so I decided that i would play around and see what happened. It was at this point that I came up with the instructions that appeared in the column. Of course by the time I got to this stage my deadline was looming so I didn't add any beads to this one either.

Some time during the night I got another brainwave and just decided to ditch the backing fabric, stablizer and just foldede, gathered and cut. I like these best.

No comments: