These threads are some of the threads we dyed. These colours have been created from the 3 primaries. The threads are a little messy. I'll probably braid with this lot.
I usually leave the left over dye in the pots for next time however this time I decided that it was time to give the pots a good wash out.I had no more than 1 cm left over in each. I added a couple of threads and left it to soak for a few minutes before adding the soda ash. I then left it soak for a further hour.
When the hour had passed I removed the threads from the container. I then added more threads and left that soak for a further hour. I continued this until the colour was very pale.
I created all these colours from the 5 left over dye pots. I ended up with almost 6o skeins of thread.
Don't forget that if you leave a comment during October you go in the draw for 2 x 3 pk of Hand dyed fabric. Click here to see the colours.