Sunday 1 April 2007

The Crafter's Way 4




Each week I write a craft column for the North Lakes Messenger. I share it with bloggers once it has been published.



If you have been to any of the large craft shows over the last couple of years you will be familiar with the name Jenny King. Jenny is an internationally renowned crochet teacher and published designer who has been a feature artist at recent craft shows.

With over 30 years experience, a Diploma in Textiles and Certification from CYCA, Jenny is a natural teacher who is able to guide participants who want to learn the basic of crochet. If you are an experienced crocheter Jenny will encourage you step out of your comfort zone and try some of her wonderful patterns and yarns.

Jenny’s patterns have featured in many USA publications, Today’s Crochet, Hooked on Crochet to name a few. In Australia her work has been published in Handmade and Better Homes and Gardens.

Jenny also self publishes crochet pattern books and leaflets. Jenny says that this allows her the luxury of having up to the minute fashions. Jenny also has free patterns available from her showroom or website http://www.jennykingdesigns.com/

When I visited Jenny’s showroom at Kulin (Maroochdore), less than 1 hours drive from North Lakes I was instantly inspired to make a felt hat. This is quite remarkable really as I haven’t crocheted in years. Jenny has also used a new paper based yarn to crochet a fabulous bag, very Winter 2007! Jenny says that crochet has a versatility and beauty that continually astounds.

Jenny King Designs Showroom

Where: 2B/2 Melaleuca St, Kulin

When: Tuesday 9-4, Wed 9-5, Thursday 12-3

PH:(07) 5450 7077 if you specifically wish to meet Jenny its best to phone first to check that she is there. Her craft show commitments are keeping her very busy at this time of the year.


www.stores.ebay.com.au/Trishalan-Designs-Hand-Dyed-Threads

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

I thought I recognised the name when the email came up, I was in your shop last year and bought the most beautiful threads!!! what a small world, I think it was your husband who served me though. I was staying with my son Steve who lives in Scarborough ~ your neighbour!!! Amazing all that distance and we can bump into each other just like this. Go ahead and add me and I will do the same for you. See you again ~ Judy xx