Sunday 19 August 2012

Manchester

Today we decided to put on our walking shoes and get our bearings in Manchester. First thing was to work out exactly where the conference was in relation to our hotel. A leisurely 5 min walk up the road and we were there. I actually think we might be closer than the people who are staying at the Uni accommodation.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Just up the road from the Uni is the Manchester Museum. I’m hoping I might get time to pop in there during lunch breaks. Might be a nice break from conference proceedings.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I’m a little obsessed by canals, this is the first one I’ve found so far. I’m sure there will be plenty more to come so don’t say you haven’t been warned.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This window display literally stopped me in my tracks.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Yep, that’s right the window is full of old sewing machines. There is also a side window with that many more machine again. I wonder who dusts them?

Tomorrow, if the weather is good (hey it’s all relative) we are hoping to head to Salford, the home of the Industrial Revolution and Coronation Street. I’m told there is also a canal. Go figure.

No comments: