Sunday 15 April 2012

Masked Surface Design

With no internet connection at the shop yesterday my plans to catch up on the business side of things was thwarted. Damn, lol. There was nothing to it but to indulge in a little creative play.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This fabric was dyed earlier in the year. It is slated to be used to make some patchwork bean bag style poufs. But first I wanted to jazz it up a bit more. I’ve masked up a simple grid.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Acrylic paint was mixed with fabric fixative then rollered onto the fabric.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Once the paint was dry I rubbed silver paintstick onto the masking tape. Using a hard toothbrush I brushed it onto the fabric.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Most of the masking tape has been removed. The oil has yet to evaporate out of the paintstick. Depending on the humidity this may take a couple of days.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

More often than not I pop the fabric outside in the sun and it is ready for heat setting in a day but we have a miserable wet day here so I will just have to be patient.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Now to jazz up the other couple of pieces in the same colourway using different patterns  and techniques.

No comments: