I have planned to make myself a new Market Apron for a little while now. I had found a simple pattern here and bookmarked it. The best laid plans …. when I went to make it I couldn’t find it. So I decided that I would just have to come up with something myself. I bought this Colorado skirt from an op shop for 50 cents. My sister loves their clothes so the plan was to replace the drawstring and give it to her. I had it sitting waiting for over 12 months and hadn’t done anything so I decided to turn it into the apron. Starting at the hem edge I cut along the side seams. As I was making this up as I went along I left myself a little bit of wiggle room with the seam allowance. I didn’t cut through the waistband. Here the back has been completely removed leaving the waistband intact. I measured up from the bottom and cut off the excess length. I wore it into the shop last Sunday to check if it was going to work. I discovered that I hadn’t cut off the ribbon that you hang the skirt from. Also the bottom edge had a tendency to flap. Both problems could be rectified eventually.But first some embellishing. I couldn't live with plain beige but decided against dyeing it. I started adding some hand stitching.
It is a work in progress. The good news is that I will be able to use it as I go. I’ll post a pic when it is all done.