Wednesday 20 April 2011

Embroiderers’ Guild Wrap Up

Last Sunday I attended the Qld Embroiderers’ Guild’s Mothers’ Day Fair. I have done a number of the annual Christmas Fairs however this was the first time the dates for Mothers’ Day didn’t clash with something else.DSCF7268 I was upstairs this time. They have a policy of 2 fairs up and 2 fairs down. This has lead me to develop my own policy of only taking the amount of stock that I will feel like lugging back down the stairs at the end of the day.DSCF7273 Lucky for me by the time I thought to take photos I didn’t have much left at all and by the end of the day I did 1 trip down the stairs.DSCF7271 According to the more experienced Mothers' Day vendors this isn’t as busy as the Christmas one. I did find though that customers spent longer looking with many coming back through for a second look. If you are in Brisbane keep your eye out for these fairs, they are lovely days. 

4 comments:

Chrisy said...

Geez..wish one of my children would give me a nice big fat pincushion with embroidery...or a doiley on top! And the bracelets...what clever ideas....Not surprised you did well at the fair dear girl...

Kristy said...

Lovely display.

Claire said...

Your threads are divine. Beautiful colours.

Tabitha said...

Love the bracelets. Bet you sold a heap of those.