Wednesday 23 February 2011

Kumihimo Necklaces in Stock

I promised a while ago to post pictures of the Kumhimo Braiding I did over Christmas. The braiding was the easy part. The finishing off has been slower than expected. I can braid while at the hospital or Drs but the bits and pieces needed to finish off are too fiddly to transport. Anyway good things come to those who wait.

DSCF7062This has been braided with rope some traditional Kumihimo silk that I brought back from Japan.

DSCF7076A bit of bling.

DSCF7078 This detailed image highlights the different threads I used.

DSCF7073 The threads were eco dyed the match the pendant. The braid is actually much closer to the bail on the pendant than it looks in the image.

DSCF7075 here you can see the subtle variation on colour of the thread and the bead detail.

DSCF7067 Lariat braided with Eco Dyed Rayon in Purple and  Dark Gold.

These will all be available online by the end of the week. If you don’t want to miss out please email me at trishalandesigns[at]bigpond[dot]com for more details.

1 comment:

Thea said...

Wow Trish! These are exquisitely beautiful. x