Saturday 19 February 2011

A Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady

I found these two books at a church garage sale this morning.

DSCF7052 The original was dated 1906.

DSCF7053 And its companion. According to the dust cover the original lay undiscovered until 1977, when these were printed.

DSCF7050  I just have to share some of the amazing botanical drawings.

DSCF7051 Some of the pages have poems.

DSCF7054Others have botanical notes.

DSCF7055  The second book also has diary/personal notes.

DSCF7056 When I spied the books I was captivated by the watercolour illustrations but now I can’t wait to read the author’s musings. Great find.

2 comments:

Splinters and Threads said...

Those are awesome and would make great embroidery designs!

Trish Goodfield said...

Yes they would but the designs are copyrighted and available under licence.