Monday 22 February 2010

Green Craft Inspiration

When I opened my copy of Green Craft Magazine I was thrilled to see an image of Linda Packia Raj boa. She made it from old t shirts. There was a brief information about how she made it. Visit Etsy for more of Linda's work



Now keeping in mind that my  2010 challenge was to use materials I already had. Now I have lots of bits. Some left overs, most donated from friends and families. I couldn't actually work out how to tie them they way the information read but that wasn't got to stop the inspiration.




I started chopping up t-shirts in lots of colours. I have piles like this allover the studio. If you don't like mess this probably isn't a project for you. I like to do all my preparation first then I can create in short bursts if necessary.



While watching the V8 Supercars yesterday I tied three my way. This one is red/orange/pink.




Then I made 2 like these. Might even keep one of these myself. I have pewter coloured ballet flats. I can see me making a few more of these. I've hardly made a dent in my pile.

No comments: