Saturday 19 December 2009

Paper Beads

On days when the markets are set up I like to be doing something when customers come into the shop. Many aren't crafty and just wander in for a look around. My first plan was to wind this cone of silk thread into skeins.







But I couldn't concentrate. There was sooooo much music going on outside. In the space of about 50 m we had Carollers, the Buskers, the Band and the Roving Trumpet Player. All playing at the same time. Is it possible to have too much?











So onto Plan B. I had a bag of paper all ready for rolling into beads. This all started life as junk mail. I haven't even made a dent in the pile that has been delivered over the last 2 weeks.
















They don't take long to make and you end up with some pretty colours and designs. Ahhhh! quiet at last.

No comments: