Tuesday 24 November 2009

What You Can Do With Leftovers.

I have been having so much fun playing around with felt that I decided to make a few more of Kelli Perkins' birds.











I've made a few of the these on and off since they were first published in Cloth, Paper, Scissors.





They are a lot of fun to make. Just grab your scraps and start embellishing.


I also needed to make more headbands to replace all the ones we sold on the weekend. The really hot steamy weather must have contributed to the run. Mind you nobody bought just one. Once they try them on and realise how comfortable they are to wear they buy more. I make these out of leftover strips of fabric. The pink and green floral one is made out of a skirt that no longer fits my mother.




Off now to add a few beads and bling to the birds before sewing and stuffing.


No comments: