Tuesday 17 November 2009

Takadai, Going Forward

I finally un-braided the bits I had done in Japan. I decided to continue with the Oblique Plain Weaving in 2 colours. Sorry if that sounds a bit technical but this is the only place I keep notes. So I'd like to be able to look back and know what I've done.

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

.

This is the original colour placement. I had drawn this u-beaut diagram but Blogger wouldn't import it. Never mind.


This is the pattern after one complete sequence. What I mean by that is the thread I moved first has returned to its original position. This is about 3.5 inches long. Took 15 mins to braid.




Our back door looks out onto the pergola. We have huge bunches of grapes on the vine that grows over the pergola roof. Alan is very proud. I wonder if he has remembered the mess the sap made on the car last year?



No comments: