Saturday 5 September 2009

Dylon Dyes 42

A week or so ago I received a SOS from a friend of a friend. She had been making a quilted wallhanging incorporating some hand dyed fabrics, not mine I must say. When she went to remove the marking pen the fabric had run into the cream. Needless to say she was a little upset. Was there anything that I could recommend. I recommended Dylon's Colour Run Remover. This is the follow up email that I received from her.





"I just wanted to say a very big thank you for your assistance last Tuesday with the problem of dye running from a hand dyed fabric. I was able to totally save my challenge quilt & went on to finish it and hand it in on time. I ended up using 2 of the dylon colour sachels (when I got the right ones having bought a white one first up) & with 2 soakings got rid of all colour runs. I followed the directions on the packet for hand washing. It was all very simple in the end. I am quite annoyed at myself for allowing the problem to occur. (untried marking pen, unwashed hand dye fabric etc).I have attached a photo of the finished challenge - the red on both the flying geese & the ribbon swirl had run. The cream flying geese next to the red was the challenge fabric which had to be used.

Once again thank you very much for your assistance."








Obviously a lady after my own heart, she read AND followed the instructions. I'm so pleased that her quilt was saved. Thank you Beverley for allowing me to share your story.
Want to see my Hand Dyed Fabric?

No comments: