Monday 10 August 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane

It seems that lately everybody I know is finding old magazines that had been secreted away for long forgotten reasons. My latest addition is a Woman's Day from August 15th 1983.






It features this pullout book full of " attractive craft ideas to make". Don't scoff, this is part of their Collector Series. The first thing that caught my eye was the horse. When I was in Grade 3, about 10 years earlier, we made this style of horse in a sewing class. And today, softies are everywhere. Everything old is new again.






Except maybe for this. It is a knitted pine cone pin cushion. Mmmmm. Not sure if we are ready for this again. If you really want to recreate this item I'm happy to email you the pattern. I want to keep the original, after all it IS a Collectors Item.

3 comments:

Chrisy said...

Great collectable here! You're so right about the everything old is new again...I've been lucky enough to find some old books at op shops...so if you ever need a pattern for say...knitted knickerbockers...you know who to ask!

Uniquely Yours Creations said...

I love the horse! About 10 yrs.
ago; I had a little craft business
and I designed a rocking horse -
because my sister said "I couldn't"
It was one of my biggest sellers!
Good to see all these things coming
back again.

Jackie said...

The pin cushion is sooo 1980's.