I got on the sewing machine this morning and started sewing the fabric strips together to make the pocket fronts.
Next step was forming the pocket flap along the foldline. I tacked this in place for now. When I'm ready to assemble I'll unpick the tacking and catch it in with the seam.
And then I started embellishing the pockets with red running stitch. this is the first pocket, about half finished. I didn't want the stitches even. I'm finding this really hard, hard to unlearn lessons.
I've got 3.5 pockets to embellish before assembling the rest of the bag. I'm going out to sit in the sun to stitch for a while.