Saturday 29 November 2008

Garage Sale Finds

What a great morning at the garage sales. This is my stash. No photos of the stuff Alan bought, which by the way it stuff for me as well. As it should be.
I got a never-been-used cutting mat. A ice-cream container of cream buttons, fabric, and some quite old, pre-decimal currency, knitting patterns and a heap of ricrac. It will all fit well with our new Pandora's Box area of the shop.
This fabric is my favourite. The flower in the middle and bottom right are a pinker red than seen here.
And I got some old uniform buttons. I'm only saying old as my mother's nursing uniform had these sorts of buttons. I can remember playing dress ups with her uniforms when I was a kid . Two are missing their split rings but you can get them from a hardware store.
A good mornings work!

1 comment:

Hot Fudge said...

What a wonderful collection - that fabric looks frighteningly familiar! And I love the buttons.