Friday 8 August 2008

New stuff

Boy! what a week!


I've been busy trying to keep up with Etsy. I've listed a few more items but really they are just replacing ones that have sold.


I've also been trying to do all the stuff that one needs to do when you join a team. Intially it seems quite time consuming but I always try to focus on the big picture and I know that it will all be worth it.


In amongst all of that I actually did some dyeing today. This is a photo of some threads both variegated and (I don't want to use the word plain) normal. They are actually a bit messy. I needed to take them off the paper towel ( checks for colourfastness) as they weren't drying and hang them up. hopefully they will dry overnight.



It doesn't matter how many times I do this I still get a buzz out of the colours.



And I'm always still amazed at how the dye colour works across different threads. The bottom thread is rayon, the top a silk.
Gotta go. Alan is cooking tonight and just came and gave me the 5 min warning.

No comments: