The first pair were ECO DYED first. When i saw the way the colours swirled around I immediately thought my frog stamp would be perfect. I had cut it ages ago but hadn't used it.
I thickened the dye and started printing. The frogs appear on one leg only. They seemed a little 'flat'. When the print was dry I used an almost dry brush to add some gold fabric paint. When that was dry I brushed on a little more of the thickened dye. This method gives the frogs a bit more depth without sparkle.
The second pair were dyed specifically with the vine print in mind.
They were ECO DYED first then printed with thickened dye. For this pair I wanted a little more oomph, so the silver fabric paint is more obvious than on the frogs.
The Handprinted Jeans are so much fun to make.