Thursday 6 March 2008

What a find

Earlier this week, Alan and I were wandering through the op-shops when I spied some fabric sample books hanging up at the back. I asked if they were for sale. The lady replied that they had thought they would try but didn't know if they should sell them by the piece or the book.



I suggested to sell the whole book as people will pick the eye teeth out of them leaving her with stuff she can't sell. The lady understood my reasoning and agreed to sell the by the book. I asked how much, She then asked me if $1.40 a book was to much. I bought the lot!






Some of the sheer fabric is large enough to make a gathered cutain. I ended up with 8. I spent the rest of the day sitting on the stairs staring at them. I should take them to the studiobut they look so nice hanging like that.



I finally dragged myself away from the fabric and went to work. I needed to restock my hand dyed clothes. What started out as an experiment seems to have taken a life of its own.







After last Sundays market, I had 3 pieces left. These are 3 new pieces drying on the line. I won't be completely restocked before we go away but there will be some choice. Tomorrow is ironing day.

No comments: