I had been experimenting with dye designs. This lot certainly wasn't what I was looking for. Would you believe I was trying for a subtle rainbow suite? Even so I quite like the look of it. What do you think?
Of course I wasn't satisfied with experimenting with just 1 of these. I now have 5 sets of this colourway. I'm going to a Qld Quilters' Vendor Day on Tuesday. I'll see what they think of the combination. These are some of the other fabrics I'll be taking with me.
I also dyed some paper with the left over dye which got the mind racing for some fabric designs. That bit of experimenting may have to wait a bit though, I've got enough on my plate at the moment keeping up with demand of current fabrics.
I did squeeze in a couple of minutes at lunch time today to start some more fabric paper. The first photo I have used tissue paper as the top layer.
The second photo I have used tulle netting.
I'll post photos of finished piece when they have dried.